The Hakuho Japan Experience Program for Overseas Children
The Hakuho foundation is now accepting applications their Japan Experience Program for Overseas Children. This fantastic programme consists of three parts, training in Japan, followed by hosting Japanese school visit and culminating in a trip for some of your students to Japan!
The programme consists of three parts (chronologically):
- One teacher of Japanese from your school will need to take part in preparatory training (two weeks in October/November 2013) . Return airfares to Japan, accommodation, meals and activities, including training and travel expenses are covered by Hakuho.
- One or two schools that take part in the programme will be selected to host a group of Japanese students in late April, early May 2014. Hakuho will provide expenses, including travel for expenses associated with receiving the Japanese schools.
- A maximum of 15 schools will have the chance to send 4 students and an accompanying teacher to Japan in July 2014. Return airfares to Japan, accommodation, meals and activities, including travel expenses are covered by Hakuho.
Application deadline: May 15th 2013
- School must be recognised as a formal educational institution by a government authority
- School must be teaching students aged 13-15 in formal Japanese lessons in a school setting
- School undersatands that participation in this programme runs across two calendar years, and must be able to participate continuously until the end of the programme
- School is able to send a non-native teacher of Japanese to participate in both the training programme, and the Japan experience for overseas children.
- School must be able to send students studying Japanese (aged 12-16) to Japan to participate in the programme
- School must be able to actively and cooperatively prepare and implement the programme training
- School must be able to obtain any permissions required from their government or any governmental body for participation in the programme and training.
- Must be teaching students aged 13-15 in formal Japanese classes in a formal setting (however ages 12 and 16 will be considered)
- Must have a teaching licence or equivalent qualification
- Have Japanese ability of at least N4 (previous Level 3) in the Japanese language Proficiency test at time of application.
- Nationality other than Japanese
- Must be able to guarantee continuous participation (including training) from selection until the end of the programme the following calendar year
- Able to stay physically and mentally healthy from selection until the end if the programme the following year.
* Note that teachers who are unable to continue their participation for their own reasons and those who are ineligible to participate in the foundation’s international traveller’s insurance scheme (including due to pregnancy or childbirth) may be asked to withdraw.
For further information, or to download an application form, please visit the Hakuho Website.
The Application Form and Application Guides in English and Japanese can also be downloaded below.